Thursday, November 10, 2011

Sweaters In Afganistan????





So this is well interesting and funny whenever I stopped and thought about it....During one of my many outings today, sitting and waiting again of course, I was working on one of my many on-going crochet projects...I can't read, cause people won't leave me alone on what I'm reading, what it's about, what part am I on, am I enjoying it, why do I read such deep discussions on human life and whatever, or go on to tell me, how they can't stand to read or don't have the patience for it, or start talking to me about science-fiction stuff, and that's when I want to scream cause why are they talking to me in the first place when we have nothing to talk about??? I think they just like to hear the sound of their voice and jabbering on about themselves like I care when I don't even know who they are...So I try and do something that is as low key as possible, without drawing the unwanted attention all to me, and having the entire room watch everything that I'm doing...Highly annoying by the way...I'm working on my project, not really paying attention to anyone, and then just some random guy belts out to me " So, are you knitting a SWEATER for the soldiers over in AFGHANISTAN!?!?!" I just told them "no it's a blanket," and left it at that and kept on...All I get in response is a very surprised "OH!!!!!" I then stopped what I was doing, and thought back on this comment.....WHY WOULD I OR ANYONE WOULD BE MAKING SWEATERS FOR SOLDIERS IN AFGHANISTAN!?!?! IT'S A FREAKING DESERT!!!!!!!!!! I could not stop laughing, and kept getting some pretty weird stares and had to get up and leave until I got control...I was just like Wow, these comments get dumber and dumber every time I go out in public....I'm definitely going to have to have all these published one day there's too many good ones to just forget about...I still can't stop laughing that was the 2nd funniest comment I've heard all week beside the "sometimes I crawl under my bed and pretend that I'm a carrot" one on that ridiculous Twilight movie page....I laughed so hard on that I felt sick to my stomach almost....And by the way, get it right, I was crocheting, not knitting...there IS a DIFFERENCE!!! well I know what the dinner conversation is going to be tomorrow night when everyone starts talking...I just couldn't stand to leave something like that out.....gotta love me when I get around huge groups so I can tell hilarious stories like that one, and have everyone roaring with laughter then...sooo much fun though...lol

No comments:

Post a Comment