Thursday, December 22, 2011

Happy Hanukkah & Merry Christmas!!!


Today I went to go get dinner at the Greek place up the street from me, and was waiting for it. I was watching the kids there play one of the "games" I guess from their country. They had one of them blindfolded, then had all kinds of different American condiments in small containers and would put them in the blindfolded person's mouth and they would guess what it was. It was everything from honey, mustard, salt water, hot sauce and sugar water...I've never in my life seen American kids doing something like that, and continue to be so well behaved and quiet...It gave me an idea to try with my students cause they really seemed to be enjoying it... :) Then someone that I didn't even know came in, and started talking to me, wanting to watch me do my crocheting, and talking various things, and I then get invited to their Christmas party... :) big surprise, but I agreed, cause I love getting out and meeting new people...so I didn't expect that at all...I said that I celebrated both Hanukkah and Christmas, so I'd be thrilled to come...That's more like it, when I go out in public..I'd rather go out and get invited to parties, than just be stared and gawked at by people who never say anything to me and act like I'm the one with the problem.. Okay whatever, but I"ll be the one walking away with party stremers and party favours cause I can actually get along with level headed normal society acting people.... :) 'night everyone...

No comments:

Post a Comment