Monday, April 2, 2012


OMG, I FINALLY found out what this stupid word meant..I keep hearing Americans use this in sentences, and I had nooooooooo idea what they were talking about..What a bunch of stupid followers they are...One person says it, then others pick up on it, then everyone is saying it...I've even heard it on tv shows that I watch now, yes they're in English!!!!! and I heard someone argue something saying "no it's not boo, come on..." then the other girl argued back "umm yes it is boo.." that was last week, and I'm still busting out laughing about it...I'm not good at picking up on new slang at all, but it's different every year...people kept talking that way to me back in Japan, and I honestly didn't know what they were saying when they used that...pretty stupid...oh wow that was just funny hearing people argue like that calling each other boo... I've never heard that for a name for someone...I will try and find the clip or the episode that I'm talking about...It's just too funny to forget about...I'm just glad that I found out what it meant..I was sick of being left in the dark...

"boo is a term that is derived from the French word "beau" meaning beautiful. In 18th century England it meant an admirer, usually male. It made it's way into Afro-Caribean language perhaps through the French colonisation of some Caribean islands.

Now meaning girl or boyfriend

"this is what I'm saying boo, it's all about you"



1) Boyfriend or girlfriend. Term of endearment.

2) A loud, abrupt yell, meant to frighten someone.

3) A sound made to indicate disapproval, the opposite of "yay."

1- Some Guy: "Hey boo."

2- Ghost: "BOOO!"

3- Unhappy Audience: "Booooooo...."

No comments:

Post a Comment